Emily Campbell, Certified Birth and Bereavement Doula (DONA, SBD)
My name is Emily Campbell. I am a wife to my high school sweetheart and the mother of six amazing children, four living and two angels. My passion for birth is something I’ve had from a very young age. My earliest memories were spent daydreaming about all things pregnancy, birth, and babies. My own journey with motherhood has only deepened this love. Throughout the births of my own children I have discovered the sacredness of the labor and birth experience. Which is what led me to becoming a DONA International Certified Birth Doula.
I also understand the ache of pregnancy loss, as I have lost two babies, and how that can affect your experience through a new pregnancy and the anxieties leading up to birth. I became a Certified Birth and Bereavement Doula through Stillbirthday after the loss of my daughter Emma. I have a huge passion to come alongside of families no matter the outcomes of their pregnancy. Grief is a unique and difficult journey to take, but you don’t have to make it alone.
My hope as a doula is to help educate mothers and families to make their own decisions on how they want their birth to go and to help support them as they work to achieve it. I believe in the empowerment that comes from a woman taking charge of her labor that reveals a deeper strength within her that she never knew was there. I believe that a strong support system offered to mothers, through her partner’s and a doula’s presence, can help her have a beautiful experience that she will relive the rest of her life.
I believe in Mothers and I believe in birth, and I am committed to coming alongside of them through this special time.
It is an amazing experience and I would love to have the opportunity to support you on your journey to adding a new member to your family.
In my spare time….well, I don’t have much spare time right now. Life keeps me busy with kids to keep alive, a husband to adore, and homeschool to teach. My husband has worked in full-time ministry for almost 15 years now so that adds to the wonderful chaos of our life. I wouldn’t change a second of it. I am a true believer in the seasons of life, and I am soaking this season up!
My fee ranges from $700-$900 depending on location, My services include:
• A free consultation for you to meet me to decide if I would be a good fit for you
• 2 - prenatal visits. At these visits we will discuss the physical and emotional aspects of birth, relaxation techniques, comfort measures, I will help assist you in forming a birth plan, and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
• Starting at 38 weeks I will be on-call for your birth until you go into labor. During this time, I will be available for you to call/text/or email with any questions or concerns.
• I provide continuous support throughout labor and will be there to help you make informed decisions along the way
• I will remain with you for at least one hour after your baby is born to help assist with breastfeeding and any other things you may be in need of
• 1 postpartum visit when your baby is around a week old to discuss your birth experience, answer questions you may have, and assist you with any help you may need